Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Next Question

We at clearancebin cannot apologize enough for overlooking this hypertext jewel for over TWO MONTHES. We are clearly (insert a pleuralized form of a word from the list below). And, as annoying as it is to open a fresh zine or blog that has been TWO MONTHES overdue to find the first paragraph eaten up in guilt and self-obsession (with SELF-OBSESSION and GUILT spelled out in all caps like characters from PILGRIMS PROGRESS(and parabolic subparenthesis of HUMILIATION)), please forgive our grammar and indesivieness on the exact extent to grovel.

Suitable self-referential statements (to be inserted anywhere necessary when in correspondence with the (insert a plueralized form of a word from the list below) at clearancebin)[listed alphabetically for ease of use]:
ass, birdbrain, blockhead, bonehead, boob, bore, buffoon, butt, chump, clod, clown, cretin, dimwit, dolt, donkey, dope, dork, dumb ox, dunce, dunderhead, dupe, easy mark, fair game, fall guy, fathead, goat, gomeral, gomeril, goose, halfwit, idiot, ignoramus, illiterate, imbecile, innocent, jackass, jerk, lamebrain, laughing stock, lightweight, loon, lunkhead, meathead, moron, nerd, nincompoop, ninny, nitwit, numskull, oaf, omadawn, ownshook, pushover, sap, schlemiel, silly, simpleton, stooge, sucker, turkey, twerp, twit, victim

So, without further ado, clearancebin presents the jewel that can split post-modernist crap-hounding (see also detritus-fishing, jive-talking, rink-dinking)—the one finger of ““zen”” which is sold in no catalog ((yet))—our treasured question of friendship:

“So, I guess my question to you is, given these almost uncontrollable and nearly sub-conscious proclivities to make fun (by exaggerated imitation) of each and every human being I encounter, should I ever expect to make new friends? Or should I just look up and torment old ones?”

May I swear in order to express my enthusiam over this question? Understand, this is not asked in sarcasm but in sincerity (which is the thorn in my side—that is to say my sincerity comes out as sarcasm), but SWEET BEETLEBUM’S WITHERED TONGUE what a question. Hardly a day passes anymore I don’t ask myselves some form of this question. Heck, it was the whole reason I started writing this stupid blog in the first stupid place.

Unfortunately, I don’t know the answer to this question. But, anyone who is willing to ask it is clearly a very old friend of mine.

On a lighter note, I realized the other day that there is a God and this God does care about me but this God is asleep when I am awake and awake when I am asleep. So, this God is no longer excepting tithes, oathes, or promises… Only wishes, hopes, and dreams (and I have no clue what this God does with these things, but he has them in a warehouse somewhere I think). I’m tired now. Goodnight all you scattered beams of light.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nehl Cloete said...

hello,

Drop me a line at a1colecole@aol.com. I have a few questions...mainly, what did you think of those Herzog movies...I hope you thought something. By the way, I have a new chapter up on nehlcloete.blogspot.com. I might or I might not have your email address. There are about 6 of them in my book, so I don't know which one to write you at. Take it sleazy,
your colleague and fellow neoclassical barbarianist,
=Cole

9/03/2005 10:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One brief note in, and I've already reached my limit for internet exhibitionism - what's your customer service email address? I have one that your 10 years ago self will love - walmart (at) midsouth.rr.com.

I suppose we could call each other's respective mothers (Morrissey should write that down) and actually find out phone numbers and things like that, but that idea usually doesn't make it past the planning stages.

Transactional conversations - chat obligations - little running debit/credit accounts of information traded. I envision something like:

Debbie: Oh, well, what have you been up to, Todd? Hmm, really, well, that's nice. I guess smoking cigarettes could be considered a career - let me get you Ben's number.

Suzy: Ben! How are you? Where are you living now? What are you doing? How is.. oh my.. uh, aren't you - didn't you get married? Where IS Utah exactly? - Now is that a state?

It's not scary, and shouldn't be that big of an obstacle. But it is huge for me when faced with it...

Thank you for calling Mommy 411 - where we're well intentioned and we love you. Please note, calls may be monitored for awkwardness and courtesy laughs.

-todd

10/08/2005 10:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd-brain to Todd-brain-subsconscious-control. Confirmed that indeed you did see Andy Black quoting Goethe. Giggle suppression system has failed. Over.

10/10/2005 04:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog here.. I also have a site you may want to visit about Lasik Complications feel free to check it out.. Articles and news added daily.. Please feel free to add to your links..

10/16/2005 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger Andytown said...

Todd . . . gillum, I presume? That was not me but one of my many imposters (by which I mean one). But, yes indeed I have read Goethe and hardly find that my literateness is a laughable commodity. I have read all the Star Wars books by Tim Goethe, and one of his Tekwar books (sorry, but they got kind of lame after Shatner stopped ghost-writing them.)

BTW, are you still the sysop of Forgotten Realms BBS? Can I get the PW to your warez section? I really want a cracked copy of LES MANLEY: SEARCH FOR THE KING.

10/26/2005 09:45:00 AM  
Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/06/2005 10:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home